Patients and Visitors Code of Conduct
For the health, safety and comfort of all our patients, we ask that patients and visitors follow the guidelines in our Code of Conduct.
Please review the following Code of Conduct prior to visiting a PinnacleHealth facility:
- Please observe any restrictions posted on a patient’s door
- Limit the number of visitors to a room as patients may tire quickly
- Be aware of noise level when conversing and please keep the television volume at a level not to disturb other patients
- Permission from the nurse manager is required to stay with a patient overnight
- Respect a patient’s right to privacy, which is protected by Federal law
- Staff can only provide condition updates to patients designated representatives. Patient's do have the option of providing a "pin" number to family/significant others with whom the patient chooses to receive additional information.
- Please do not visit if you are sick or have an illness that could be transmitted to a patient
- Children should be supervised at all times for their safety and the safety and care of our patients
- Please be respectful and courteous of patients, hospital staff and other people's property
- Possession of weapons are not permitted
- Photographs require consent from the person before taking their picture
- Please avoid wearing apparel with obscene language
- Possession and/or use of street drugs and alcoholic beverages are not allowed
- We do not tolerate disruptive language or violent behavior
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the NICU
- All PinnacleHealth property is tobacco free
Our staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Please show them the respect they deserve as they carry out their duties. Visitors who do not comply with this Code of Conduct will be asked to leave PinnacleHealth property and may be escorted by security. Thank you for your cooperation.
Additional resources are available through the Patient Representative Office. We also welcome and appreciate your feedback about your experience. Your input helps us to continue and improve the care we provide our patients and their family.
- Services & Resources
- Preparing - Patients and Visitors
- Preparing for a Hospital Stay
- Patients and Visitors Code of Conduct