Wound Care Treatment
The specialists at the PinnacleHealth Wound and Hyperbaric Centers will create an individualized treatment plan to help you heal faster with less discomfort. We will work with you, your loved ones and your referring physician to treat your wound and identify any conditions that contribute to wound development and impaired healing.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Removing nonliving tissue, or debridement
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Physical therapy
- Treatment of underlying health conditions
- Adjustments to medication, diet or lifestyle
As part of our commitment to providing the best treatment using the latest technology, we use state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Electronic medical record storage and transmission. Our staff will send a customized report, complete with pictures of your wound, to your referring physician.
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitor. Measures oxygen circulation and monitors your wound’s potential for healing. This device helps our doctors decide if hyperbaric oxygen therapy is right for you.
- Arobella Qoustic Wound Therapy System™. Uses ultrasonic technology to remove tissue while reducing pain and bacteria on the wound surface. This device provides an alternative to removing tissue using a scalpel or other sharp instrument.
Our staff goes beyond treating your wound by helping you address underlying conditions that contribute to your wound problems. We will educate you on lifestyle or health modifications that will help prevent wounds and promote healing. We will also make sure you have a full understanding of how to take the best possible care of your wound at home.