Why choose PinnacleHealth for Bariatric Surgery?
Since 1998, PinnacleHealth’s surgeons have completed more than 5,000 bariatric procedures. Our program is characterized by its very low infection and complication rates and excellent results.
Our results have earned us national recognition:
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence (BSCOE) program by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) on behalf of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). This designation recognizes a demonstrated track record by PinnacleHealth of favorable outcomes in bariatric surgery.
- Blue Distinction Center Plus (Highmark and CBC Program)- Healthcare facilities recognized for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care. These centers have a proven track-record for delivering better results – including fewer complications and readmissions – than facilities without these recognitions.
- Gold Seal of Approval® from the Joint Commission (JTC) for improving care of diabetic patients.
- MBSAQIP COE- MBSAQIP works to advance safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients through the accreditation of bariatric surgical centers. A bariatric surgical center achieves accreditation following a rigorous review process during which it proves that it can maintain certain physical resources, human resources, and standards of practice.
- Optum Health Center of Excellence- Through a rigorous evaluation process, Optum has developed Centers of Excellence networks that provide access to clinically superior, cost-effective health care. These centers promote safe, successful and cost-effective treatment options.
- Aetna Institute of Quality- Aetna is a network of hospitals and other facilities that specialize in bariatric procedures. Becoming part of the Institutes of Quality isn’t easy. They measure everything from level of care, to how often patients return to the hospital after surgery.
- Magnet Recognition- A Magnet designated hospital is an organization that has been recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) after demonstrating excellence in patient care in more than 35 areas of focus throughout the entire hospital.
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety presented by HealthGrades.
Get Started Today!
Our friendly staff can assist you. To get in touch, fill out a contact form by clicking here or call (717) 909-0290 for more information or to make an appointment.