Exercise Physiology Services
Being active is an important part of weight loss. To help you safely and enjoyably maximize your activity we provide you with the expertise and support of an exercise physiologist.
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
An exercise physiologist is an academically trained healthcare professional whose focus is to help patients achieve and maintain health and wellness and prevent illness and disability.
Our Exercise Program
The Weight Loss Center at PinnacleHealth offers several exercise options to choose from:
- Our exercise physiologist is available for one-on -one consults and follow-up appointments to assist with evaluating your activity and exercise level and developing a realistic, achievable and customizable exercise plan. Your sessions can take place at a PinnacleHealth facility or in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- The Weight Loss Center at PinnacleHealth is also affiliated with smaller private gyms and trainers who offer reduced rates or discounts to our patients. Be sure to ask for more information about this if you are interested in alternative exercise options.
- The Weight Loss Center at PinnacleHealth also developed a custom exercise DVD designed for patients of any age and ability level to use before and after weight loss surgery.
What to expect at your initial consult
- Review of past and current exercise program
- Brief review of your general health history related to exercise
- Physical assessment of strength, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness
- Individualized exercise plan & home program based on assessment
- Scheduling of future follow-up session as desired (weekly, biweekly, monthly)
What to expect at your follow-up appointments
- Assessment of your progression on exercise plan and/or home program
- Recommended changes to exercise techniques, frequency and/or intensity levels
- Demonstration of any new exercises
- Initial Consultation- $50
- 30 minute follow-up training session- $35
Payment & Rescheduling/Cancellation Policy
- All visits must be prepaid through The Weight Loss Center at PinnacleHealth
- Paid visits are non-refundable
- 24 hour notice is required to reschedule or cancel all appointments
- Appointments not canceled or rescheduled within 24 hours will be charged full appointment fee
For those patients interested in water therapy, our physician may refer you for an individualized aquatic therapy program using our pool, designed to offer the best in aquatic therapy technology and patient care.
Water therapy is used to enhance normal body movement with significantly decreased stress on joints.
Exercise Physiologist Services are provided by Central Penn Health, Incorporated, under the direction of Kelly Potteiger.
Get Started Today!
To get in touch, fill out a contact form by clicking here or call (717) 909-0290 for more information or to make an appointment.
- Services & Resources
- Our Services
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Support Programs
- Exercise Physiology Services