Obesity contributes to numerous serious health problems, many of which can be managed through sustained and healthy weight loss. PinnacleHealth helps treat obesity with multiple weight loss plan options and surgeries.
Today, more than 93 million Americans are affected by obesity.
- 67% adults, age 20 years and older, are overweight or obese
- 34% adults, age 20 years and older, are obese
- 18% adolescents, age 12-19 years, are overweight
In 2009, it is estimated that over $147 billion dollars were spent on treating obesity and related disorders.
- Overall, an obese person spent 42% more on medical care than his/her non-obese counterpart
- Obese men and women earn, on average, over $7,000 less than non-obese counterparts
Obesity-Associated Medical Conditions
- Cardiovascular - Hypertension, cardiomyopathy, pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary - Sleep apnea, asthma, hypoventilation
- Metabolic - Type II Diabetes, hyperlipidemia
- Gastrointestinal - GERD, Cholelithiasis
- Musculoskeletal - Ventral hernias, lumbar disk disease
- Gynecological - Menstrual irregularities or infertility
- Skin - Fungal infections, abscesses
- Oncologic - Cancer of uterus, breast, colon, kidneys, prostate
- Neurological - Stroke
- Services & Resources
- Our Services
- Weight Loss Center
- Why choose the PinnacleHealth Weight Loss Center?
- Obesity Statistics