Why choose the PinnacleHealth Weight Loss Center?
The PinnacleHealth Weight Loss Center offers a full range of safe, effective and comprehensive services for weight loss and weight management, all designed to achieve long-term success.
Our customizable programs are medically supervised and supported by a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals. We go beyond calorie intake and output to address multiple factors, physical and psychological, and help you attain your healthiest and best weight.
Our experienced staff will work with you to create an individualized plan designed to meet your personal goals. We begin with a full health history, diet readiness questionnaire and a comprehensive clinical evaluation and assessment to help determine the best program option for you.
A Comprehensive Team Approach
Our patients have access to a committed team of medical professionals in a wide range of fields related to weight loss. Passionate about helping people change their lives, our staff provides patients with the most advanced, medically validated options available, from medically supervised weight loss programs to bariatric surgery.
In addition, our patients have access to the resources and expertise of the PinnacleHealth System, including our award-winning nursing staff and a variety of experts in medical fields associated with the complications of overweight and obesity, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Whatever weight loss program you choose, you will receive individualized support from a team of healthcare professionals that may include:
- Bariatric provider
- Bariatric surgeon
- Nurse practitioner
- Registered dietitian
- Dietitian technician
- Registered nurse
- Exercise physiologist
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Insurance coordinator
Our staff works with each individual in an atmosphere of compassion, care and respect. We understand the challenges of weight loss and work closely with you offering support and guidance every step of the way.
Since 1998, PinnacleHealth’s surgeons have completed more than 5,000 bariatric procedures. Our program is characterized by its very low infection and complication rates and excellent results.
Our results have earned us national recognition:
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence (BSCOE) program by theSurgical Review Corporation (SRC) on behalf of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). This designation recognizes a demonstrated track record by PinnacleHealth of favorable outcomes in bariatric surgery.
- Blue Distinction Center Plus (Highmark and CBC Program)- Healthcare facilities recognized for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care. These centers have a proven track-record for delivering better results – including fewer complications and readmissions – than facilities without these recognitions.
- Gold Seal of Approval® from the Joint Commission (JTC) for improving care of diabetic patients.
- MBSAQIP COE- MBSAQIP works to advance safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients through the accreditation of bariatric surgical centers. A bariatric surgical center achieves accreditation following a rigorous review process during which it proves that it can maintain certain physical resources, human resources, and standards of practice.
- Optum Health Center of Excellence- Through a rigorous evaluation process, Optum has developed Centers of Excellence networks that provide access to clinically superior, cost-effective health care. These centers promote safe, successful and cost-effective treatment options.
- Aetna Institute of Quality- Aetna is a network of hospitals and other facilities that specialize in bariatric procedures. Becoming part of the Institutes of Quality isn’t easy. They measure everything from level of care, to how often patients return to the hospital after surgery.
- Magnet Recognition- A Magnet designated hospital is an organization that has been recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) after demonstrating excellence in patient care in more than 35 areas of focus throughout the entire hospital.
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety presented by HealthGrades.
Get Started Today!
Our friendly staff can assist you. To get in touch, fill out a contact form by clicking here or call (717) 909-0290 for more information or to make an appointment.
- Services & Resources
- Our Services
- Weight Loss Center
- Why choose the PinnacleHealth Weight Loss Center?