The surgeons at PinnacleHealth are experts at performing a wide range of bariatric surgical options, including advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques for LAP-BAND®, Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass.
Studies have shown that weight loss surgery is currently the only effective method of long-term weight loss in the morbidly obese population.
The benefits of weight loss surgery include weight loss, improved quality of life and the resolution or improvement of certain medical problems related to obesity and overweight.
Improve Your Quality of Life and Resolve Obesity Related Medical Illness
The following statistics demonstrate the effect gastric bypass surgery has for patients one year after surgery.
- Asthma. 82% improved or resolved
- Cardiovascular disease. 82% risk reduction
- Degenerative joint disease. 41 to 76% resolved
- Depression. 55% resolved
- Dyslipidemia Hypercholesterolemia. 63% resolved
- GERD. 72 to 98% resolved
- Gout. 77% resolved
- Hypertension. 52 to 92% resolved
- Metabolic syndrome. 80% resolved
- Migraines. 57% resolved
- Mortality. 89% reduction in 5-year mortality
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. 90% improved steatosis
- Inflammation. 37% resolution
- Fibrosis. 20% resolution
- Obstructive sleep apnea. 74 to 98% resolved
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome -- 79% resolution of hirsutism
- Menstrual dysfunction. 100% resolution
- Pseudotumor cerebri. 96% resolved
- Quality of life improvement. 95% of patients
- Stress urinary incontinence. 44 to 88% resolved
- Type II diabetes mellitus. 83% resolved
- Venous stasis disease. 95% resolved