PinnacleHealth offers a full range of urological procedures at three state-of-the-art facilities. Our urologists and gynecologists provide professional expertise and individualized care for conditions of the urinary tract, kidneys, prostate and bladder.
Conditions We Treat:
- Enlarged prostate
- Male and female incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney and ureteral stones
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Bladder prolapse, or fallen bladder
Advanced Robotic Technology
At PinnacleHealth, we use the latest technology in the most up-to-date facilities. As one of the first health systems in the northeastern United States to offer robot-assisted minimally invasive urological surgery, PinnacleHealth has more experience than any other hospital in Central Pennsylvania.
The benefits of robotic surgery are significant. This technology allows our physicians to perform procedures by making only small incisions, which speeds your recovery time and reduces your risk of side effects and infection.
Urology Surgical Services
If you require surgery, you can trust the urological team at PinnacleHealth to provide the most innovative, high-quality care in the region. With your health and safety in mind, our board-certified urological specialists use the latest minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
PinnacleHealth surgeons are experts at robot-assisted urological procedures using the da Vinci® Surgical System and have performed more than 400 of these surgeries.
Benefits of robotically assisted surgery include:
- Quicker return to normal activity
- Shorter hospitalization
- Reduced risk of surgical side effects
- Less blood loss
- Reduced pain and discomfort
We specialize in treating common and complex urological conditions using a wide array of diagnostic and surgical procedures, including:
- Cystoscopy. Used to see inside your bladder and urethra.
- Lithotripsy. A noninvasive procedure that uses sound waves to break up kidney stones so they can pass naturally in the urine.
- Prostate surgery using green light laser. Treats enlarged prostate without making any incisions.
- Urethral collagen injections. Treats stress incontinence, or involuntary urine leakage when laughing, exercising, sneezing or coughing.
- Robotic nephrectomy. Used to treat kidney cancer by removing diseased parts of your kidney through a few small incisions.
- Robotic prostatectomy. Used to treat prostate cancer while minimizing surgical side effects, such as incontinence or impotence.
- Urethra and bladder sling surgery. A synthetic mesh is used to support your urethra or bladder to prevent stress incontinence.