Having pioneered robotic surgery in central Pennsylvania for over a decade, PinnacleHealth has offered the latest robotic technology for more than 6,000 procedures and is consistently ranked among the best in the field. PinnacleHealth has the latest Xi technology from daVinci with integrated table system.
The da Vinci Surgical System
The benefits of minimally invasive surgery are greatly enhanced through the use of the da Vinci Surgical System. In the da Vinci system, surgeons can mimic hand movements by remotely controlling microinstruments connected to robotic arms. Motions are tracked in 3-D high-definition monitors, giving surgeons a clear, unobstructed view of each step in the process.
Because the tools used in da Vinci robot-assisted surgeries are inserted through the smallest of incisions, there’s minimal impact to the patient, resulting in a shorter hospital stay, quicker recovery, and faster return to normal activities than with traditional open or laparoscopic surgery.
All three PinnacleHealth campuses feature the da Vinci Surgical System. Our surgeons use this technology for procedures such as:
Precise Movements And Control
The newest da Vinci™ system offers even greater precision and control, allowing surgeons to:
- View the surgical field more clearly and reduce blood loss since small blood vessels are recognized and controlled more easily
- Have a full range of motion, mimicking the twist of the human wrist
- Work from all different angles
- Eliminate natural hand tremors
- Simultaneously view the surgical field, electronic diagnostic images and the operating room
For more information about surgical services at PinnacleHealth call (717) 344-5314.