The surgeons at PinnacleHealth are experts in the use of robotic technology for a wide range of surgical procedures and are consistently ranked among the best in the field. Having pioneered robotic surgery in Central Pennsylvania, we offer the most advanced robotic surgery on the latest da Vinci® Surgical Systems.
The da Vinci Surgical System
The benefits of minimally invasive surgery are greatly enhanced through the use of the da Vinci Surgical System. In the da Vinci system, surgeons can mimic hand movements by remotely controlling microinstruments connected to robotic arms. Motions are tracked on high-definition monitors, giving surgeons a clear, unobstructed view of each step in the process.
Because the tools used in da Vinci robot-assisted surgeries are inserted through the smallest of incisions, there’s minimal impact to the patient, resulting in a shorter hospital stay, quicker recovery, and faster return to normal activities than with traditional open surgery.
Three surgical suites at Harrisburg Hospital feature the da Vinci Surgical System. Our surgeons use this technology for procedures such as:
Precise Movements And Control
The newest da Vinci™ system offers even greater precision and control, allowing surgeons to:
- View the surgical field more clearly and reduce blood loss since small blood vessels are recognized and controlled more easily
- Have a full range of motion, mimicking the twist of the human wrist
- Work from all different angles
- Eliminate natural hand tremors
- Simultaneously view the surgical field, electronic diagnostic images and the operating room
For more information about surgical services at PinnacleHealth call the PHoneLine at (717) 231-8900.