PinnacleHealth Medical Group includes several outstanding pediatric practices that provide comprehensive primary care for children from birth through 21 years old. Our family centered practices provide a full continuum of services from newborn visits to childhood illnesses to immunizations and other childhood-related concerns.
About Our Pediatric Practices
You want your child to get the best possible care from a pediatrician that knows and understands your child and respects your values and priorities as a parent. At the pediatric practices of the PinnacleHealth Medical Group, we provide comprehensive health care to children from birth to 21 years of age. Families in the Harrisburg area choose our practices for our compassion, experience and commitment to excellence.
We provide a full range of primary care services for children from routine well child visits to treating childhood illness to managing referrals and care from specialists as needed.
Our Services Include:
- Well visits
- Preventative care
- Diet, sleep habits, toilet training
- Emergency care
- Annual checkup
- Sick visits/walk-in hours
- Phone calls
- Test results
- Prescriptions & refills
- Camp & school forms
- Specialist referrals
- Hospital care
- Breastfeeding support
- Support for new parents
- Guidance through puberty
- Sports physicals
Our goal is to partner with parents by respecting their values, listening to their concerns and providing them with the pediatric care, services and support they need to meet the challenges of raising happy and healthy children.
- Consults. Whether you are a new parent learning about pediatric care, or the parent of a teenager concerned about school performance, our pediatricians are available to help by answering questions, providing support, and if necessary, referring you to the appropriate resources for additional help.
Emergency care. Our physicians are available for emergencies 24/7. If your child is sick and you need to speak to one of our staff after hours you may call the office and speak to the physician on call. We can advise you of where and when to seek care.
If your child is having a true medical emergency, such as difficulty breathing, trauma, or prolonged seizure call 911. The emergency staff will contact your pediatrician.
- Immunizations. Immunizations are the most important way parents and doctors can protect children against serious infectious diseases. Our practices follow the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Centers for Disease Control guidelines for childhood immunizations.
- Hospital care. Our pediatric care practices have access to advanced pediatric hospital care and specialists through their partnership with PinnacleHealth. If your physician has admitted your child to the hospital, they will personally coordinate their care with the PinnacleHealth staff.
- Nurse triage. During regular hours, our nurses are well-trained to answer your questions about routine baby and child care, common symptoms, over-the-counter medications, and vaccine reactions. If you believe your child has a serious complaint that requires a same-day visit, request an appointment directly with the receptionist.
- Physician call backs. Our doctors are eager to answer your questions and concerns and most often will return calls late in the day. For non-urgent matters, return calls may take 24 hours. If you have not heard back from the doctor, speak with the triage nurse who can often expedite a response to your questions.
- Resources and information. We believe that informed parents make good decisions about their child's healthcare. That is why we provide information and resources to help answer questions on a variety of topics related to childhood health including pediatric care, nutrition, physical activity, school readiness, toilet training, sleep habits and more.
Find A Pediatrician
For more information about our pediatric practices or to schedule an appointment, please call the PHoneLine at (717) 231-8900.
2645 North Third Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Fax: (717) 782-4665 (717) 782-4650