More than ever before, a strong and continuous relationship with your primary care physician is critical to maintaining your health and well-being. Our internists provide expert primary care to adults over 18.
What is internal medicine?
Internal medicine physicians (internists) are doctors who specialize in the long term care of adult patients. Many internal medicine doctors are primary care physicians, but unlike family practice physicians, internal medicine specialists do not provide pediatric and OB/GYN care.
PinnacleHealth Medical Group has several internal medicine practices across the region, providing excellent and comprehensive primary healthcare for adults 18 years and older. Our physicians and staff provide our patients with a full spectrum of long-term health care, offering services from regular health exams to the treatment of illness to the management of chronic disease.
Our partnership with PinnacleHealth ensures a team approach in caring for patients. Our providers are up to date in the most advanced medical treatments and our patients have immediate access to the best specialists in the area.
Internal medicine services include:
- Physical examinations and preventive care
- Acute illness care
- Chronic care (diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, arthritis)
- Family planning and menopausal counseling
- Geriatric medicine
- Health screening
- Coordination of sub-specialty care
- Coordination of care when you are in the hospital
- Inpatient consults
- Home visits when needed
- Walk-in and urgent care
- Medication management
We treat patients for a variety of conditions from minor health issues to more complex medical problems including, but not limited to:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart disease
Becoming An Internal Medicine Patient
No referral is needed to make an appointment at our office. New patients can expect an appointment within two to four weeks, depending on which of our doctors you wish to see.
At your first visit, please come prepared to:
- Fill out insurance and a health history questionnaire.
- Make arrangements to have your medical records sent our way.
- You can expect a comprehensive evaluation from your physician and follow-up visits as necessary.
Need more information?
To find a general internal medicine physician or to learn more information, call (717) 231-8900.