At PinnacleHealth Imaging, we know that mammography is essential to the detection and treatment of breast cancer, benign breast tumors and cysts. That is why we work hard to provide the most comprehensive and convenient services in central Pennsylvania.
We are proud that PinnacleHealth Imaging has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, because of our high-quality service, caring staff and commitment to technology
PinnacleHealth Imaging provides screening services close to home, with 14 imaging centers throughout central Pennsylvania. In addition to screening and diagnostic mammograms, we also perform stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound procedures and ultrasound guided breast biopsies.
As part of our commitment to your health, PinnacleHealth Imaging uses the latest, most up-to-date technology, including:
- Digital mammography. Electronic images of the breast that can be enhanced using computer technology.
- Tomosynthesis/3-D mammography. Provides clear breast detail, improves lesion visibility and reduces the number of false-positive readings caused by overlapping or dense breast tissue.
- Breast MRI. Used as a follow-up study to diagnose and determine the extent of abnormalities found on a mammogram.
- Breast MRI biopsies. Uses MRI technology to perform biopsy on abnormality seen during breast MRI.
- Breast ultrasound.Helps determine the nature of a breast abnormality found on a mammogram. Breast ultrasound is also used during biopsies.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy.Uses mammogram images to assist a specially trained radiologist in performing a biopsy of abnormal breast tissue.