The surgical oncologists at the PinnacleHealth Cancer Institute specialize in conventional, complex and minimally invasive treatment of cancer. Our surgeons are involved at all levels of the cancer care process, including diagnosis, staging, treatment and restoration.
Our specialists are highly skilled in the latest techniques for treating breast, lung, colorectal, prostate and other types of cancer, including minimally invasive surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
The surgical staff includes general surgeons, breast surgeons, neurosurgeons, gynecologic surgeons, plastic surgeons, thoracic surgeons, and urologists experienced in surgical oncology. The Harrisburg Campus has a 16-bed inpatient oncology unit with an expanded family care area.
Here are some of the many procedures and resources the PinnacleHealth Cancer Institute offers to patients requiring cancer surgery:
- Surgeons trained in minimally invasive procedures that require miniscule incisions. This leads to quicker recoveries, less pain and fewer complications.
- The Breast Care Center with surgeons skilled in advanced diagnostic and treatment procedures, including breast reconstruction surgery.
- Women’s Cancer Center, with nationally recognized surgeons, skilled in minimally invasive and robotic procedures.
- Robotic technology with the da Vinci surgical system offering men with prostate cancer better outcomes with fewer side effects.
- Cryotherapy, which uses sub-zero temperatures to destroy cancer cells in the prostate and kidney.
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery to treat lung cancer with minimally invasive techniques.
- Fine needle aspiration of tumors for rapid diagnosis
- Treatment options such as Intraoperative radiation therapy and brachytherapy, in which radiation is delivered during surgical procedures.