Why choose PinnacleHealth Back and Spine Care?
At the PinnacleHealth Spine Institute, our goal is to diagnose and treat your spine condition as quickly as possible so you can return to a pain-free, functional life. From outpatient services to inpatient care our expert staff is there every step of the way to help you heal.
Specialized Spine Care Center
When you have back pain, you want relief as quickly as possible. Our intake process is designed to get you on the path of healing quickly and efficiently by providing a diagnosis and treatment plan within days of your first phone call. Nearly 80% of our patients are able to recover with non-surgical treatment. We will coordinate your care with our team of expert providers to provide the best treatment option for your spine condition.
Compassion And Care
Our specially trained nurse navigator will provide you with support and guidance every step of the way, helping you get the right care as quickly as possible.
Comprehensive Physical Therapy And Rehabilitation Services
Our goal is to reduce pain, improve independence and maximize functional activity level. PinnacleHealth Rehabilitation Services has joined Select Physical Therapy to meet the needs of the community we serve. You can expect an expert to design a personalized program to meet your individual needs. If more comprehensive medical care is required we will work with our specially-trained physiatrists to maximize your physical and psychological well-being.
Advanced Pain Management
Our expert pain management team offers a wide range of treatments for back and neck pain, including medication, trigger point injections, steroid treatments and physical therapy.
If your spine condition requires surgical intervention, our surgeons are among the most experienced in the area. We perform over 1,600 spine and back surgeries every year, specializing in advanced minimally invasive procedures that offer excellent results and promote faster healing.
Awards And Recognition
- Blue Distinction® Center for quality and value-based care in Spine Surgery. PinnacleHealth is recognized for demonstrating overall quality of care and better patient results for our spine surgery patients.
- The CareChex® Hospital Quality Rating for Medical Excellence ranks PinnacleHealth No. 1 in the state for spine fusions and No. 2 in the state for all spinal surgery.
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal for Spine Surgery. Awarded for meeting or exceeding The Joint Commission's national standards for state-of-the-art healthcare quality and safety in spine surgery.
- PinnacleHealth physicians were the first in the U.S. to implant a type of cervical artificial disc (SECURE®-C) that replaces damaged discs in the neck, mitigating pain as well as the loss of range of motion caused by other fusion techniques.
- PinnacleHealth’s surgical site infection rate for all spine surgeries is well below the national average.
- PinnacleHealth has the second highest rating of four stars from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in its first-ever five-star quality ratings system on the Hospital Compare website.
- At the PinnacleHealth Spine Institute, the percentage of patients who achieved improvement in functional outcome based on the Oswestry survey at 12 months remained the same at 80%. Infection rate for lumbar laminectomy was 0.0 percent and lumbar fusion was 0.7 percent—the lowest rates compared to all national data available to us for comparison.
- Magnet recognized hospital. PinnacleHealth was the first hospital in the region to consecutively achieve Magnet status – the highest national recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center.