PinnacleHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation has joined with Select Physical Therapy. Select Physical Therapy offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services for patients who are recovering from procedures or receiving physical therapy to manage spine or back conditions.
Following spine or back surgery, you may need inpatient rehabilitation before returning home. At the Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital, our rehabilitation experts have joined with Select Physical Therapy which uses the latest research and techniques to help you:
- Rebuild strength and endurance
- Restore physical function
- Learn adaptive strategies and how to use assistive equipment
- Return to daily activities with confidence
Note: The Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital is a 55-bed inpatient rehab hospital owned by PinnacleHealth in partnership with Select Physical Therapy.
Outpatient Rehabilitation And Physical Therapy
Certain types of back pain can be treated successfully through physical and occupational therapy. Your spine physician may refer you to physical therapy in order to help you heal and meet your health goals. Your treatment may include:
- Evaluation of your pain level, mobility and physical condition
- A personalized exercise program to improve your strength, coordination, endurance and range of motion
- Techniques to help relieve pain through proper posture and body mechanics
- The use of specialized equipment (such as a back support) for sitting at home or work or while driving
- Orthotics in your shoes to help realign your spine
Note: PinnacleHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation Services and Select Physical Therapy have joined together to combine the best of our respected healthcare organizations. Learn more>>
Following an inpatient stay, you may need care at home. Our staff can help you arrange home care services, provided through Affilia Home Health.