General Surgery Residency Program
PinnacleHealth’s five-year General Surgery Residency Program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), will provide you with a broad range of surgical opportunities.
Our program will prepare you for your surgical career and certification by the American Board of Surgery.
Located in the heart of Central Pennsylvania, PinnacleHealth’s program offers expert faculty and strong didactic activities to help you develop your surgical skills and grow as a physician.
To apply for the General Surgery Residency Program, you must meet a number of requirements, including:
- You must have graduated from a medical school recognized by the State Board of Medicine for Pennsylvania within the past five years
- You must have passed your USMLE exams on your first attempt (minimum score on STEP 1 and 2 is 220)
- You must have at least one year of medical experience in the United States (does not include research)
- You must be registered and certified by ECFMG and present a copy of a valid certificate
- You must have adequate communication skills
- You must demonstrate high ethical and professional standards
- You must successfully complete an interview with faculty of the PinnacleHealth General Surgery Residency Program
- You must qualify for a Pennsylvania training license
Applications will be accepted through ERAS only—email and fax applications will not be accepted. The application deadline is December 1, 2015. Interviews begin in October each year. The program does not sponsor any visas.
If you have additional questions about the program or the application process, please contact:
Residency Program Coordinator, Department of Surgery
Brady Hall, Ninth Floor
205 South Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104
Phone: (717) 231-8755
Fax: (717) 231-8756