Heart Failure Measures
PinnacleHealth is committed to improving the quality of care for patients with congestive heart failure by promoting the use of evidence-based practice to reduce complications, mortality, length of stay and hospital readmissions.
Our multidisciplinary team works together to comply with an extensive list of standards.
Recognition And Accreditations
- Our Heart Failure program is recognized as an Advanced Heart Failure Program via The Joint Commission’s Disease Specific Certification program.
- Our Heart Failure program participates in the American Heart Association’s “Get with the Guidelines” (GWTG) program). In 2014, PinnacleHealth received the GWTG Gold Award. This award recognizes hospitals that have demonstrated at least 85% compliance in the 5 GWTG–Heart Failure Achievement Measures for twenty four consecutive months or more.
- 100% performance on all Core Measure Sets and Joint Commission Process of Care measures in every quarter since 2010
- Significantly reduced Heart Failure readmission rates from 23.9% to 19.6%
- Significantly reduced inpatient mortality rates from 3.6% to 2.5% and reduced 30 day mortality rates from 14.6% to
If you have questions about PinnacleHealth’s quality information or data, please contact our Performance Improvement Department at (717) 231-8469.