Quality of Care
Quality of Care
We are passionate about making sure our patients have the best care in the safest environment. We are committed to keeping you safe, and strive every day to implement to the best safety measures available.
Your trust is very important to us. That's why we provide up-to-date information and data about our safety record. See for yourself how our services compare to national standards.
Our Recognitions Include:
- Lowest infection rates in Pennsylvania and nationally
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® from The Joint Commission in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care , Venous Thromboembolism (VTE), Perinatal Care.
- PinnacleHealth Recognized as Top 10% in Nation for Cardiac Surgery by Healthgrades
- Ranked in the top 100 Nationally by CareChex®, a division of Comparion®, for Major Cardiac Surgery, Coronary Bypass Surgery, Spine Fusion, Spine Surgery, GI Hemorrhage, Interventional Carotid Care and Major Bowel Procedures.
- Recognized with an A rating for Community General Osteopathic, Harrisburg and West Shore Hospitals in Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score for 2017, which rates how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections.
- Highest rating for cardiac surgery quality
- Our blood sugar control is ranked among the top 10 percent of all hospitals when compared with data across the country
- West Shore Hospital named a Top Hospital (one of only 115 hospitals nationally) by the Leapfrog Group
- Nationally recognized for excellence in stroke care
- U.S. News & World Report, publisher of Best Hospitals, recognized PinnacleHealth and 33 other hospitals – out of more than 4,600 hospitals nationwide – that were evaluated as high performing in five common surgical procedures and chronic conditions.
- U.S. News & World Report Recognizes PinnacleHealth System One of the nation's 63 hospitals rated “high performing” in nine procedures and conditions. In regional rankings, PinnacleHealth is ranked No.11 in Pennsylvania.
- Among the lowest readmission rates in Pennsylvania
- Best compliance in preventive measures to reduce blood clots
- Lowest preterm elective delivery percentage, giving the best start to babies born early and on time
How does PinnacleHealth compare?
In July 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released "star ratings" for Medicare-certified acute-care hospitals across the U.S. PinnacleHealth System received the rating of three stars. The stars rating is based on 62 quality measures.
Visit the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare website for more details and see how we compare to other hospitals.
Understanding Quality Data
Understanding quality of care data can be confusing. If you have questions about PinnacleHealth’s quality information or data, please contact our Performance Improvement Department at (717) 231-8469.
Do you have a concern about your care, or the care of a family member?
Our patient representatives are here to help. If you have a patient care-related issue that you prefer not to send via email, please call (717) 782-5503 or mail it to:
Patient Representatives Office
P.O. Box 8700
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8700
For other PinnacleHealth-related questions, please go to the Contact Us page and select the appropriate number.