Our Vision for Healthcare
Our vision is to provide high-quality, patient-centered medical care when and where patients need it, through a highly integrated network of physicians and facilities. This model results in lower readmissions, better outcomes, increased access and added convenience for people in our community.
PinnacleHealth System’s multi-year strategic plan, begun 2012 and called Vision 2017, is focused on developing a highly integrated system of care designed to increase access, enhance quality, and lower cost.
The plan includes the expansion of the hospital from two to three acute care campuses, which has resulted in the opening of our West Shore location in 2014. It also includes major improvements to PinnacleHealth’s Harrisburg Hospital and Community General Osteopathic Hospital, many of which have been completed.
This expansion responds to demand caused by the growth and aging of the central Pennsylvania population. The plan promotes greater coordination of care among providers and easier access for patients and physicians. This process has included the acquisition of Heritage Medical Group, Tristán Associates and the expansion of PinnacleHealth Oncology Services.
The West Shore Hospital provides a well-rounded continuum of care and offers acute medical and surgical services, cardiology, orthopedics, chronic disease management center, transitional care services and an Emergency department.
The facility allows for more private rooms at all three campuses and offers Dauphin County residents greater access to care. Private rooms are the current and expected quality standard in patient care.
Our vision includes the following for all PinnacleHealth locations:
- Chronic disease management
- Improved healthcare for an increasingly aging demographic on both shores
- Improved transition between outpatient and inpatient care
- Better coordination of care throughout the entire network: convenient access to physicians, diagnostic centers and hospitals
- Private rooms and waiting areas for patients and families
- Patient amenities and family-focused design
- Improved transportation services
- Flexibility to meet expectations of accountable care and healthcare reform