PinnacleHealth is the leading hospital and healthcare system in central Pennsylvania, offering services from prenatal to geriatrics.
- We are the only hospital system in the state to be certified by the Joint Commission in all of the following programs:
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Advanced Inpatient Diabetes
- Advanced Stroke (Primary Stroke Center)
- Knee and Hip Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- We are among the lowest in the state for readmission and infection rates
- PinnacleHealth is a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2012, 2013 & 2014 by The Joint Commission
- Major provider of general acute care services in the five-county region 7 out of every 25 discharges
- We are ranked top 5% in the state for the number of:
- Major joint replacements
- Heart catheterization and stenting
- Open heart surgery
- Spine/back surgery
- PinnacleHealth is ranked among the top performing hospitals in five common surgical procedures and conditions by U.S. News & World Report in its Best Hospitals for Common Care ratings.
- PinnacleHealth is one of seven hospitals in the state and 63 nationally that earned high performing recognition in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" 2016-2017 publication. In regional rankings, PinnacleHealth is ranked No.11 in Pennsylvania.
- All of our primary care patient-centered medical homes earned the Medical Home On-Site Certification by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
- PinnacleHealth West Shore Hospital received the 2016 Top Hospital Award, one of only three in Pennsylvania.
- Magnet® Recognized Hospital for nursing excellence -- Harrisburg and Community General Osteopathic Hospitals were granted Magnet recognition in 2017 for the third consecutive time in 12 years. West Shore Hospital achieved Magnet® Recognition for the first time in 2017.
- Blue Distinction Center+ designation for Maternity Care, Spine Surgery and Knee and Hip Replacement
- PinnacleHealth has more than 180 active research studies underway, including national cardiac and cancer clinical trials.
- PinnacleHealth performs more valve surgeries than any other hospital in Pennsylvania and is the only program in the state with combined “significantly lower than expected” mortality and re-admissions for heart valve surgery, according to the Pennsylvania Healthcare Cost Containment Council (PHC4) Cardiac Surgery Report 2016.
- PinnacleHealth achieved the Healthgrades 2017 Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™. Harrisburg Hospital is among the top 10 percent in the nation as measured by volume-weighted performance
- PinnacleHealth earned the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Highest Three Star Performance Rating for in all three categories (coronary artery bypass graft, aortic valve replacement with CABG and aortic valve replacement). Of the hospitals which submit their data to STS, only 18 hospitals in the United States attained this achievement during the most recent rating period.
- 4 star (highest) rating from the American College of Cardiology’s National Cardiac Data Registry for cardiac care
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for providing state-of-the-art care during the critical window of time for heart attack patients
- Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
- Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center Performance Achievement.
Cardiac Clinical Innovations
- PinnacleHealth was the first hospital in the country to implant via direct aorta access the Trans Catheter CoreValve® after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval.
- PinnacleHealth offers a new procedure for aortic valve reconstruction using a patient’s own heart tissue (pericardium) to create the new valves. It was first available in central Pennsylvania at PinnacleHealth and is currently performed at a handful of institutions across the country.
- PinnacleHealth enrolled the first patient in Pennsylvania in the RECHORD Trial, a chestbone-sparing investigational treatment option for patients with leaky mitral valves.
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE®) and International Lactation Consultant Association® (ILCA®) for excellence in lactation care.
- Baby-Friendly USA designated birth facility
- Designated by the Commission on Cancer designated program
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Institute, Radiation Oncology, is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation is awarded based on key
Spine, Bone & Joint
- PinnacleHealth orthopedic surgeons perform more joint replacements than any other hospital in our expanded region and are in the top 1% of volumes for the state.
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2015, 2016, 2017 by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Gold Fit-Friendly Workplace by the American Heart Association
For more information call the PHoneLine at (717) 231-8900.