The Busy Finger Crafters
Simple sewing projects, handmade baby caps, holiday stockings for newborns and comfort pillows are made by Auxiliary volunteers and shared with patients.
The Auxiliary welcomes crafters of all ages to participate in our organization. These dedicated volunteers work from home and donate their time and talent to make projects that are distributed to patients throughout our hospitals.
Busy Fingers Crafters Projects Include:
- Handmade holiday stocking buntings for babies born during the week of Christmas. All newborns are given a beautiful stocking and go home snuggled inside.
- Knit or crochet baby caps
Baby Cap Project Instructions
- Use any 3-ply baby yarn (“Sport weight’ is a favorite – it’s nice and easy to work with). Please do not use 4-ply yarn
- No wool content (allergies) or all cotton (stretches out) - 100% acrylic is best. Feel the yarn before you buy—some are definitely softer
- Pastels are preferred, but other colors are fine
- Babies come in all sizes, from the tiny 4-pounders to the occasional 10-pounders, so all size hats are welcome
- Wash your hands each time before knitting. This keeps the yarn clean
- You can be as creative as you like with these hats! However, no buttons, bows, or gems on the hats, please! These are a choking hazard
Please return completed baby caps to either Volunteer Services or one of our Gift Shops or call (717) 231-8080 for more information.
For more information about becoming a Busy Finger Crafter call (717) 231-8080.
- Giving Back
- The Foundation
- Our Programs
- PinnacleHealth Auxiliary
- Our Programs and Activities
- The Busy Finger Crafters