Continuing Medical Education
PinnacleHealth’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) department serves the needs of our integrated health care delivery system.
Accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society since 1984, we sponsor CME programs for PinnacleHealth physicians, community and affiliated physicians, residents and other health care providers that cover a variety of topics, including:
- Primary care
- Patient safety
- Legal aspects of medicine
Our staff provide conferences, seminars, workshops, Intranet materials and jointly sponsored activities. Our CME department also coordinates an annual Medical Education Day conference for PinnacleHealth employees.
CME outcomes are measured by assessing the use of disease management protocols, improvement in quality of care and patient satisfaction.
Goals of Continuing Medical Education
The goal of the CME department is to more effectively meet the educational needs or personnel and staff at PinnacleHealth by providing diverse educational programs and taking a number of steps, including:
- Planning CME activities in accordance with the current Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Designing CME activities using educational methods and technology appropriate for the accomplishment of activity objectives
- Implementing CME activities by utilizing standardized procedures for planning, approval, implementation and evaluation
- Evaluating the educational effectiveness of each CME activity based on the established objectives and identified needs
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the overall program of CME relative to the Mission Statement of PinnacleHealth
- Operate the CME program within an organizational framework that optimizes administrative effectiveness, emphasizes a commitment to service and demonstrates responsible use of institutional resources
Medical Education Day
When: Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Where: Radisson, Camp Hill
Additional Upcoming Events
April 23, 2016: Urology for the Primary Care Practitioner
November 3, 2016: Eleventh Annual Frederick Curcio Memorial OBGYN Fall Lecture Series
November 8, 2016: B. K. Varma MD Pediatric Conference
For more information on CME at PinnacleHealth, contact Terri Drummond, CME Coordinator, at (717) 231-8724 or email@example.com.