Our goal is to partner with you to set safe comfort goals. In order to provide you with the best care, we will gather some information from you in the pre-op area.
Some questions you may be asked:
- Do you have pain now?
- Related to your scheduled procedure?
- Unrelated to your scheduled procedure?
- Using 0-10 pain scale:
- Where do you place your pain?
- What level do you consider tolerable/goal?
- What do you do for this pain currently?
Other factors that may stop you from being pain free:
- Increased sedation due to anesthesia
- Current use of pain medications
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sleep apnea/airway obstruction/snoring
- Decreased respiratory rate
In order to treat pain, we must balance the following: Vital signs, Pain and Sedation.
See Pain Scale Below