Every insurance plan is different. Please be sure to check your insurance and ask questions before coming to the hospital. Many insurance plans and health maintenance organizations (HMOs) now require preadmission approval and/or a second opinion for certain procedures. For your own peace of mind, we advise that you know the benefits of your insurance plan.
- Anyone who requires emergency service with PinnacleHealth will be treated, regardless of his/her ability to pay. However, patients will be expected to meet their financial responsibilities.
- If you are scheduled for a surgical procedure and do not have hospital insurance, you will be asked to pay a portion of the estimated charges or establish a payment agreement with the Patient Accounts Department prior to your admission.
- If you have any questions about estimated charges, please call our Patient Accounts Department at (717) 230-3717.
- If you have hospital insurance, Medicare or Medical Assistance, you will be asked to pay identified co-payments or deductibles upon admission.
- Charges for anesthesia equipment, medicines and nurse anesthetists will be included in your hospital bill. Your anesthesiologist will submit a separate bill to you or your insurance company. Feel free to ask questions about his or her charge as you would with your surgeon or other private physician.
- Please bring all insurance cards and required forms with you when you come to the hospital for preadmission testing. This will speed your admission and prevent billing problems.
- If an overnight stay is required, a private room may be requested. If one is available, a deposit is required. This is payable in the Patient Registration office by cash, check or Visa/MasterCard.