Students considering medical careers can learn about our healthcare system and get a personal look at both the challenges and rewards of working in a healthcare organization. Volunteering provides valuable experience and references for school and employment.
Selected student volunteers must commit to one four hour shift Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm and provide a minimum of 30 hours of service during the summer months. Please be sure you are able to make this commitment before you apply. Discuss this commitment with your parent/guardian and evaluate your other obligations. It is important that volunteers are dependable and treat their assignments seriously.
If you would like to participate in our summer volunteer program, you must do the following:
1. Complete a student volunteer application – Applying is easy and may be submitted beginning February 1. Simply click here and complete the form.
2. You will receive an email confirmation that your application was successfully submitted. The email will contain direction on registration for an Information and Interview Session (required).
3. Attend an Information and Interview Session
A parent/guardian must be present for students under age 18.
Students under age 18 will need to obtain parental consent to participate in the program.
4. Once accepted, you will need to complete the following (requirements discussed during the Information and Interview Session):
Criminal Background Checks (students age 18 and older; Pennsylvania, FBI and Child Abuse)
5. Attend student orientation (required). Orientation is one full and one half day in June. Dates change annually.
The student volunteer program is full for the summer of 2015. Applications for 2016 will be available February 1, 2016.