PinnacleHealth is proud to partner with several schools in our area to offer a student co-op program. The program is designed for students in their senior year to explore various areas of healthcare for their future career path.
If you would like to become a co-op volunteer, you must do the following:
1. Complete a co-op application. Applications can be obtained from your school’s Guidance Counselor or Co-op Coordinator.
Students wishing to participate must apply during their junior year of high school.
The school is responsible for the selection of the student(s) to be considered for the program.
The school will forward the selected student application(s) to the Volunteer Services department no later than April 1.
2. An interview is arranged for the student, their parent/guardian, and the co-op coordinator to meet with a Coordinator of Volunteer Services to discuss requirements, expectations and interests.
3. Once accepted, you will need to complete the following (requirements discussed during interview):
Criminal Background Checks (students age 18 and older; Pennsylvania, FBI and Child Abuse)
4. Attend the student orientation session. Attendance at both days of the student orientation in June (between the student's junior and senior year) is MANDATORY.
5. Successful completion of the summer student program between the student's junior and senior years is a prerequisite to participate in the program.
A maximum of two students are accepted at any one time from each school. The program lasts throughout the school year. Students volunteer for a minimum of 2 hours a day during their regular class times. Schedules may vary based on school requirements and PinnacleHealth Volunteer openings.
Co-op Volunteer Application
- Download and fax to (717) 782-3220
PLEASE NOTE: The co-op volunteer program is not a shadowing / observation experience.
The co-op volunteer will be expected to fulfill the duties of a volunteer. The program will follow the policies and procedures of PinnacleHealth and will not be altered in any way that would not meet compliance with these policies and procedures.