RE:foods that lower cholesterol
7/16/2012 11:55:43 AM
Here's a list of the foods you should eat to try to lower LDL (the bad cholesterol) in your body:
1) Oatmeal, oat bran, and other high-fiber foods- these foods lower your LDL.
2) Omega 3 Fatty Acids - Omega 3 fatty acids, also called fish oil, are responsible for reducing blood pressure and risk of developing clots, and can be found in fish or taken as a supplement in pill form.
3) Nuts- Helps keep blood vessels healthy and can reduce blood cholesterol.
4) Olive oil- contains numerous antioxidants that will lower the LDL in your body, while keeping HDL, which is your "good" cholesterol.
5) Foods fortified with sterols and stanols- these substances help block the absorption of cholesterol.
Remember, keep your diet clean. Stay clear of foods that contain saturated and trans fats. These 2 types of fat will take you in the opposite direction of healthy cholesterol levels.